- Maintain regular contact with councils, local authorities and suppliers. Identify tasks and plans to be submitted, ensuring that all enabling and administrate tasks are complete and in place before work commences.
- Regular use of various websites including Z-ONE (Z-Tech's own software), Google Maps and GIS mapping system to establish details of jobs/task requirements.
- Create detailed work programmes and compile work instructions for field teams
- Establish the full extent of a task and judge the correct approach to complete that task.
- Liaise with all relevant parties to gain the necessary permissions to enable technical teams to carry out the jobs safely whilst being law compliant.
- Responsible for ensuring all relevant details regarding permissions are assessed and implemented within the required time frames.
- Site visits to a variety of locations to survey tasks in readiness for the technical teams to begin their work and to establish the extent of task impact on the highway.
- Establish if traffic management or road closures may be required so that these can be applied for from the local authorities.
- Take all necessary actions to ensure the technical teams work is not delayed or obstructed.
Knowledge, Skills & Experiences
- Experience of dealing with all local authorities including councils and TFL.
- Ability to read maps and find locations.
- Traffic surveying skills to assess the impact of tasks on highways.
- Excellent IT skills, particularly with Microsoft Office and a familiarity with the internet in order to be self-sufficient in the production of documentation including spreadsheets.
- Ability to work in an organised manner without supervision and to be discreet in his/her dealings with all concerned.
- Ability to learn and use other specialist software and databases.
- Very high attention to detail and degree of accuracy.
- Excellent communicator at all levels with strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated, sound judgement and a can do attitude.
- Ability to work well within a team and independently as required
- Manage supplier relationships to achieve the best and most efficient service given.
- Ability to adapt and respond to unforeseen events and act accordingly.
- Self-sufficient and confident to make decisions within the boundaries of the role.
- Full valid driving licence.
Closing date for applications is 6 April 2018.
To apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter to Charlotte in our Careers Department and quoting the reference number 1117 in the subject line.