Z-Tech currently have an excellent role for an Electrical Design Engineer based within our Cambridge office, occasionally working from our London office at Canning Town. The right candidate will be providing Design Services and Engineering Support to the Z-Tech PMO, Projects division.
Requirements for the role are:
- Ability to draft electrical design documentation, preferably using E-Plan and/or AutoCAD
- Experience using Amtech electrical design software is desirable
- Experienced in Electrical LV panel building and testing
- Installation and Commissioning of LV control systems
- You must have good written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Previously worked in the water industry
- A qualification in Electrical engineering or Electrical Trade Qualifications (i.e. City & Guilds / BTEC / NVQ3 / HNC) together with City & Guilds 17th edition.
- Familiar with relevant industrial standards particularly in regard to CE marking
- Machine safety with an understanding of:
- Component SIL and PL ratings
- PLC control systems
- Instrumentation and motor starter control types together with the design of panel and field installations from concept to commissioning
A broad awareness & knowledge of various ICA equipment types and designs and a working knowledge of the interfaces with other disciplines e.g. electrical, civil, hydraulic, mechanical, and modelling is key.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary negotiable dependant on experience
- Company vehicle & fuel.
- Opportunities to gain valuable experience and qualifications through internal and external training courses.
Please send your CV and Cover letter stating your salary expectation to Charlotte in our careers team or for more information please get in touch.