Award Winning Delivery Model
In 2011, Z-Tech offered Anglian Water a managed service solution to their flowmeter verification, maintenance and installation.
Headed up by an accounts manager with a dedicated resource team, Z-Tech was able to consolidate the different firm’s activities looking after Anglian Water assets, which had previously provided an asset operability of only 70%.
- 2 week SLA
- TUPE incumbent staff
- Full in-house delivery
- Increase asset operability.
- Civil work
- Network optimisation
- Street works and traffic management
- Flowmeter installations
- Flowmeter verification
- System integration
- Telemetry upgrades.
- As a one-stop-provider, Z-Tech offered increased performance over fragmented incumbents. Z-Tech TUPE over staff from the incumbent verification team and integrated the management approach, ensuring quality and seamless process for the customer.
Working under NRSWA legislation and TMA permit schemes:
- Z-Tech’s complete service offers comprehensive NRSWA surveys and submits opening notices; our in-house capabilities deliver street works (working under TMA permit schemes), civils, reinstatement, telemetry and ICA technicians. Z-Tech does not contract out to third parties.
- There are a number of cost savings for Anglian Water. The main being a reduction in the overall management cost by combining management to one point.
- Regulatory pressures are also reduced by increasing network certainty as a result of the increase in asset operability.
Increased asset operability:
- At the beginning of the contract, Z-Tech out-performed the initial Anglian Water target by 110% in the Pitsford area.
- By the end of 2013, Z-Tech had installed circa 200 flowmeters and increased operability to over 90% (an increase of over 20%).
“With a totally integrated in-house delivery model, we are able to offer extensive savings and increased operability. This is the second such delivery model we have successfully implemented for our water customers and this won an Anglian Water Award in 2014.” Michael Swinhoe, Managing Director