As power station compressor specialists, Z-Tech has carried out site work for most of the UK’s major power generators for many years.
Key to the operation of the London Underground Network is Greenwich Generating Station, where a gas compressor required our urgent attention.
- The works required were to install and commission an electronic valve positioner and pressure transducer in the compressor house of Greenwich Power Station.
- The upgrade was part of a further automation programme of the site’s gas compressors.
- This was hazardous area working and required Zenner Barriers for both pressure transducer and Valtek actuator.
- The project required a rapid response to maintain system operability.
- Hazardous area installation
- Critical asset
- Legacy equipment required specialist knowledge
- Operational knowledge of a power station environment.
- Z-Tech’s hazardous area specialism ensured we were able to deliver this project in-house.
- Z-Tech supplied, installed, commissioned and tested:
- the new 387 series pressure transducer
- new Zenner Barriers for both pressure transducer and Valtek actuator
- new ABB C351 for pressure transducer
- Z-Tech supplied and installed the new containment in the compressor house to enable connection of cables to new pressure transducer and Valtek valve and actuator using scaffolding provided.
- Z-Tech provided all electrical drawings, termination diagrams and calibration certification.
- Systems integration
- Electical (CompEx)
- Compressor service
- Rapid response.
- Project was undertaken to time and within budget
- Added value due to Z-Tech’s ability to complete all associated tasks in-house
- Improving economic and efficient operation of the plant.
“Our links to key suppliers and systems integration experience, coupled with our hazardous area specialism, all meant that this was an excellent demonstration of our abilities in specialist compressor maintenance.” Jeremy Bull, HSEQ Director