Biology Pilot Plant - Facility Upgrade
Z-Tech were tasked to install new and upgrade existing containment, wiring systems, along with all control panels power supplies, control panels associated with the motors, pumps, fans, and ancillary equipment.
This was complete with all instrumentation required as per client project brief for the control of the plant. Z-Tech worked with a number of other contractors, to undertake this work.
- Maintaining working plant
- Limited and isolated shutdown
- System design and documentation of 22No compartmentalised LV and ELV stainless steel control panels consisting of:
- Risk and specific SIL assessment
- End-to-end programme management
- Inverter power drives
- E-stop shutdown facility
- ELV controllers
- Fire alarm system interfaces
- BMS system interfaces
- Pressure and temperature monitoring instrumentation
- Mcb’s, connection terminals, ducting, wiring and sundries
- FAT, SAT documentation
- As built drawings.
- Design, build and installation of containment systems: containment sizing calculations, selection of appropriate trunking, conduit, flexible conduit systems.
- Design, build and installation of wiring systems: cable sizing calculations, selection of cable types.
- Z-Tech was able to produce a sophisticated system design and panel build, increasing plant safety.
- Z-Tech worked seamlessly with the customer to minimise plant disruption.
- Electrical design
- Electrical installation
- System design
- System integration
- Panel design
- Panel build
- Panel installation
- Hazard area certification.
“We were delighted with the results of our efforts in this complex end-to-end project from system design, through to the build and final installation. This was achieved by our in-house capabilities coupled with excellent customer service.” Nick McLauchlan, Head of Technology and Innovation