- Z-Tech was commissioned to provide support for EPR Ely’s ABB AVANT turbine control system.
- The ABB AVANT is a legacy system, which is due for replacement as part of their investment programme. In order to maintain operations and mitigate risk, Z-Tech was asked to provide systems maintenance, quarterly inspection and testing, backup, emergency response and disaster recovery services.
- Experience of maintaining the ABB AVANT was not within EPR’s onsite C&I capabilities, it is also unsupported by OEM and parts are not directly available.
- Minimise outage
- End-of-life legacy system
- Lack of onsite resources
- Sourcing spare parts.
- Z-Tech provided Technicians and Systems Engineers to maintain the ABB AVANT in a series of site visits, back ups and general maintenance/improvements.
- Z-Tech provided a disaster recovery plan and trained the onsite C&I Technicians for day-to-day maintenance and emergency procedures.
- Mechanical Engineering
- EPR Ely was able to maintain the system for a further 18 months, which ensured it operated efficiently for the stipulated time before planned replacement.
- Z-Tech’s Technicians and Systems Engineers were able to train Ely’s C&I staff, which reduced their reliance on Z-Tech for day-to-day operations and maintained service.
“Z-Tech specialise in maintaining legacy systems. Our Technicians and Systems Engineers are amongst the best in the industry.” Shannon Neyland, Head of Service